Passive stylus for mini4

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by JustMichal, Oct 25, 2015.

1. JustMichal macrumors member

JustMichal

I'm looking for passive stylus for Mini4 - will anything work or do I need to look for some special compatibility ?

From what I understand there was some change in digitizer with Air2 so older ones might not work ?

2. AppleMan2015 macrumors regular

AppleMan2015

I really hope that the apple pencil will support the current iLineup....

3. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

The only styli that had difficulties with the Air 2 were not strictly "passive", they were bluetooth. I have an Adonit Jot Classic and it works great with my Air 2. (as well as my other tablets)

Since the Apple Pencil requires special hardware support it won't be supported by the current generation of devices. Future gens of iPads may be updated to include such support.

4. AppleMan2015 macrumors regular

AppleMan2015

What tech?

5. jrs22 macrumors 6502

I just got out my 3 styluses to test. I originally bought them to use on my iPad Air and was satisfied with all 3 in different ways. My experience on the mini 4 is different. The Adonit Jot Touch 4, the one with the clear plastic disk, is consistently excellent on both devices. The Bamboo generation 3, the passive stylus with carbon nib, has an excellent feel on both devices. The one I'm not happy with is the Wacom intuos creative 1. I loved the way the rubber nib felt on the Air, with just the slightest bit of drag so it wasn't too slick. Now on the iPad mini 4 there's so much drag the stylus is uncomfortable to use.