passlock inquiry

iluvifone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
is there any way to disable itunes from syncing until the phone is UNLOCKED via the pw?

DiamondGCoupe

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2007
is there any way to disable itunes from syncing until the phone is UNLOCKED via the pw?
It shouldn't connect/sync if the phone is locked with a passcode. There is also a setting in iTunes to disable automatic sync once the phone is plugged in and iTunes opens. Uncheck that.

iluvifone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
It shouldn't connect/sync if the phone is locked with a passcode. There is also a setting in iTunes to disable automatic sync once the phone is plugged in and iTunes opens. Uncheck that.
It still does. I'm just worried if i lose my phone then the person who finds it would be able to see everything on it and clear it, despite the password there. Isn't this an obvious problem?

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
It still does. I'm just worried if i lose my phone then the person who finds it would be able to see everything on it and clear it, despite the password there. Isn't this an obvious problem?
It's a problem with your phone, I guess. My phone makes me enter my password before it will sync. I'm curious to see if anyone else here shares your problem.

iluvifone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
It's a problem with your phone, I guess. My phone makes me enter my password before it will sync. I'm curious to see if anyone else here shares your problem.
I tried disabling the setting in iTunes to enable automatic sync once the phone is plugged in, and the problem still occurs (can access my phone while the screen is passlocked by manually opening iTunes). Anyone else?

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
This is actually a very legit reason to JB your phone. Geez Apple, couldn't you have at least put a password on an app that has tons of sensitive material in it, the Mail app? Really?

I guess this will be a new feature every ooohs and aaahs over at WWDC 2011.

mlts22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2008
I'd like some Blackberry-like features, such as the option to require a PIN/password on the device before it syncs (Windows Mobile does this as well.)

Maybe even a duress code where if it is entered, the device sends a message for help with the location, and silently deletes all stuff on it, making it appear like it crashed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.