passlock inquiry

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iluvifone, Jul 31, 2010.

1. iluvifone macrumors 6502

is there any way to disable itunes from syncing until the phone is UNLOCKED via the pw?

2. DiamondGCoupe macrumors 6502

It shouldn't connect/sync if the phone is locked with a passcode. There is also a setting in iTunes to disable automatic sync once the phone is plugged in and iTunes opens. Uncheck that.

3. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

It still does. I'm just worried if i lose my phone then the person who finds it would be able to see everything on it and clear it, despite the password there. Isn't this an obvious problem?

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It's a problem with your phone, I guess. My phone makes me enter my password before it will sync. I'm curious to see if anyone else here shares your problem.

5. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried disabling the setting in iTunes to enable automatic sync once the phone is plugged in, and the problem still occurs (can access my phone while the screen is passlocked by manually opening iTunes). Anyone else?

6. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

This is actually a very legit reason to JB your phone. Geez Apple, couldn't you have at least put a password on an app that has tons of sensitive material in it, the Mail app? Really?

I guess this will be a new feature every ooohs and aaahs over at WWDC 2011.

7. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

I'd like some Blackberry-like features, such as the option to require a PIN/password on the device before it syncs (Windows Mobile does this as well.)

Maybe even a duress code where if it is entered, the device sends a message for help with the location, and silently deletes all stuff on it, making it appear like it crashed.