Password and App Store

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by zirosky, Sep 13, 2013.

1. zirosky, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013

zirosky macrumors regular

Hello,

I just updated my iPhone 5 to iOs 7, but I still have this annoying problem: when I download a new app (free or paid) or I update the apps (I know that with iOs 7 it can automatically update apps in background), it always asks me for my account password, is it normal? thank you!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I am asked for a password when I install a brand new app but for updates, I am not asked for a password.

3. zirosky thread starter macrumors regular

also for free apps?

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yup. I figured I was right and just went to the App store and downloaded some silly "The Million Second Quiz" game that caused the store to ask for a password.

Updating apps manually (as I do) never asks for a password now.

5. zirosky thread starter macrumors regular

so there must be a problem with my account... thank you... someone can help me?!

6. pinkoos macrumors regular

Settings->General->Restrictions->Require Password->15 minutes

Should fix your problem.

7. zirosky, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013

zirosky thread starter macrumors regular

thanks I try... This means that if I install an app now it will ask me for the password in 15min?!

8. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

Any new purchase has always asked for the password. Thats been normal procedure since the iTunes/App stores were added to iOS.

9. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

No it means if you've already typed it in within the last 15 minutes (e.g. after having purchased another app a few minutes ago) it won't ask you again.

I'm not sure it does solve your problem though...

10. yourashero macrumors regular

I never put in my password in ios 6 when I was updating apps. Now in ios 7, it asks me every time unless I was just updating another app. I have restrictions disabled.

11. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

I have automatic updates on but have occasionally gone into the App Store and seen updates available that haven't downloaded automatically yet. When I manually update in these cases, I've never had to put in a password.

I wonder if you only have to put a password in when you have automatic updates off? I'll turn it off for next week and see what happens...

12. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Nope. I've had auto updates off since the beginning and only once was asked for my password when updating, which I suspect was a fluke cause the store in general was being wonky

13. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Cool, thanks. I won't bother turning it off. Maybe we can put the OP's issues due to App Store 'wonkiness' that might be resolved by public release? As the App Store is largely online.

14. zirosky thread starter macrumors regular

this solved my problem at least when updating apps... for free apps I sitll have to type my password :'(