Password app?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Littlenet, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Littlenet macrumors member

I am looking for a good app to store my passwords. Can anyone recommend something?

2. Charlie Sheen macrumors 6502

Charlie Sheen

3. Rigby macrumors 601

The most popular apps are probably Datavault, 1Password, and eWallet (in no specific order). They have somewhat different feature sets and pricepoints, but all will do the job.

Personally I am using eWallet. This is mostly for historic reasons: it has been available for multiple platforms over the years and I have been using it since back when I had a Palm OS device, so I could simply continue using my existing database. There are desktop counterparts for Windows and MacOS that sync with the mobile version.

4. freelance2 macrumors newbie

freelance2

I use SplashID.

Used it for many years, first with a Palm, then Blackberry, then iPod Touch G2 & G4, now iPad2. Works great and with wireless sync to your desktop (PC in my case).

5. kalex macrumors 65816

6. SolarJ macrumors newbie

1Password b/c it's syncs with dropbox and your computers! Best one out there.

7. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

8. M87 macrumors 65816

1Password is incredible. It syncs via Dropbox, so all of my devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad) are automagically updated anytime I add a new password.