Password crisis - MBP won't reset with OSX disc!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by reynaud84, Nov 9, 2009.

1. reynaud84 macrumors newbie

My 2009 aluminum 15 in. MBP running 10.6 snow leopard has a dum guy (me) running it as administrator. I forgot the exact password I set it up with in June when I opened it. So, I used password assist in the accounts setup to reset it. Well, I 4got that one right away, didn't write it down!

The Help index above steps one thru using the OSX installer and its Utilities tab to restart. The original two OSX discs didn't have that option, the recent Snow Leopard upgrade does - but, I tried the restart process with its Utilities path and got the dreaded rainbow pinwheel of death all night while I slept.

Anybody, I plead for assistance in reseting this system admin. password when I have the actual OSX discs - yet they do not work. Becuz I never logged out (and I have another Mac in the house), I am able to post & read here still with some spell of luck.

2. reynaud84 thread starter macrumors newbie

fixed.....

:eek:
    Article HT1274, in the sxn on resetting the original administrator password. It was more complete than using the help index above on this computer. It took a total reinstall of the OSX Snow Leopard, but have a new password that is ez for me.

Too many passwords out there....:confused: