Password every time I open iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aircanman, Aug 11, 2012.

1. aircanman macrumors 6502

This is doing my head in!! Every time I open iTunes I have to put in my password and apple ID, sometimes twice!! Is there a fix? I have seen a couple of things online but none of them seem to be working.

2. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Do you, by chance, reset Safari often? I've noticed that after resetting Safari, iTunes will always ask for a password once and sometimes twice.

3. aircanman thread starter macrumors 6502

I reset safari every week or so, iTunes is doing it all the time.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's to log into the iTunes store. I think it asks once for iTunes and once for apps.
    ScreenCap 2012-08-12 at Sun, Aug 12,4.55.56 AM .PNG
    You can disable automatic downloads in iTunes > Preferences > Store

5. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Even with automatic downloads enabled, it shouldn't be asking for your password every time. Have you tried re-installing iTunes? What have you tried?

6. MFL2012 macrumors member

This happens to me every time I open iTunes on my 1st gen iPad, but not on my 3rd gen one. I just hit cancel and it goes away.

7. o.neill.kid macrumors member

I know with my iPhone, I have it set up to sync over wifi. If I download an app on my iPhone when I launch iTunes it will download the app (or music etc) once I enter my password. Maybe try disabling automatic downloads, and wifi sync? You can always just cancel it, as it still works fine without the password.

8. Kevenly macrumors regular

Kevenly

Did anyone find a solution to this because I've been dealing with it ever since the last iTunes version was released. I have to enter my iTunes store name and password at every single launch of iTunes even though I have disabled all automatic download checking. I'm so sick of it! And yes I have always had it set to remember my name and password.