Password for airport network

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bored911, May 10, 2008.

1. bored911 macrumors 6502

bored911

Hi, i am at my sisters house and she has a wireless network set with a wep password, which she has forgotten. Her computer still knows the password, and is able to connect (a dell m1210) but my beautiful macbook pro is left out in the cold. I am currently runnin kismac to see if i can break the encryption, but i have never used it before and i think it might fail. Please let me know if there is any way other than this that i would find out the password to her network? P.S. yes i do have access to her computer (hence me being on the interwebz)

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You could try logging into the router or just resetting it.

3. bored911 thread starter macrumors 6502

bored911

if i log in, what do i do from there?

EDIT: will kismac work? all i did was select airport extreme, passive mode, put it into passive mode, seected all channels and then started the scan

4. sash macrumors 6502a

sash

Hi,

I use USR, so can tell the exact steps, but once loged-in, it should be pretty evident. Look for some kind of Wireless - Security - Key or Password -- and just put in a new one... If the thing restricts the MAC access, put in your MAC.

sash

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Actually somehow I forgot the password to my AEBS, doing a hard reset solved all my issues. I would probably recommend that.

6. J@ffa macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

Applications -> Utilities -> Keychain Access

Look for the AirPort network name, double click the entry, click 'show' and have her put in the password for her *computer*, and it'll show up.

7. sash macrumors 6502a

sash

Yes, you're right, that's another option... You'll have to set up the whole thing after that though.