Password for Kameleon 1.0.3? Reset Theme? HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jkb1234, Sep 29, 2008.

1. jkb1234 macrumors newbie

I just downloaded Kameleon 1.0.3, the demo version with 15 day free trial, and I installed iLeopard when I had version 1.0.2. I don't want to have iLeopard as a theme anymore, and when I try to install Default Leopard from the "Downloads" bar ([​IMG]) in the top right corner, I get a username and password message that looks like this -

[​IMG]

So I want to know if there is a solution to the password, or if I can reset iLeopard to my default Aqua theme. Please help! :(

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If I understand you correctly, it's asking you for your system (OS X) username and password. That is, the one you log in with when you turn your Mac on, or if you enabled automatic login, the one you created when you set your Mac up.

I presume it's asking for this because it wants to modify a system setting or a protected file. So if you have more than one account set up, and the one you log in with is not an administrator, you may need to give it the admin's username and password instead.

3. jkb1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

It worked! Usually, when an app. needs verification, it comes up in a different window. Thanks. BUT when I clicked Apply Theme, nothing happened. No install window, no anything...?

4. elars34 macrumors newbie

I used Kameleon 1.0.3 for a short time, until I restarted my system...
    I changed between three unexciting themes with success, until I tried to revert back to the default aqua, at which point I got a confusing error message, which the top half not cut off by the bottom of the window said the file could not be found. My system, when restarted did not make it to the login screen. I didn't even mess with itunes 8 at all, the program just stinks.