password issues..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BORIStheBLADE, Sep 11, 2009.

1. BORIStheBLADE macrumors regular

BORIStheBLADE

So recently my mini doesn't accept my password when I type it in for some reason. I posted a thread and was directed to use a install disc or even the Snow Leopard upgrade disc to reset the password. Since I bought a used mini and the original owner didnt give me the Leopard disc I decided to buy the upgrade Snow Leopard upgrade disc.

I purchased the upgrade disc and attempted to reset the password and I don't have an option for it.

So has anyone been able to reset their password with the SL upgrade disc before they ask you to type it in to install?

thanks

2. MTI macrumors 65816

After selecting the language and the System Installer loads, isn't there a top of screen menu item for Options? That's where the Reset Password should be.

3. BORIStheBLADE thread starter macrumors regular

BORIStheBLADE

When I put in the SL upgrade disc I get I click on install. I get the option for utilities or continue. If I click on utilities it says if you want to restore from time machine, repair or perform task using utilities restart.

is that what I want to do?

4. MTI macrumors 65816

Try booting with the SL DVD in the drive, while holding down the C key on the keyboard, so that the system boots from the DVD. Then select the install language and on the next page, select from the top menu bar.

5. BORIStheBLADE thread starter macrumors regular

BORIStheBLADE

You know.... I tried that for about 4 reboots and it didnt work. I then restarted it normally and then it booted into the DVD and I got everything straightened out.

thanks guys