Password Manager App?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Cursayer, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Cursayer macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Whats a good app that is password protected which you can type passwords and such into?

2. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

1password, there's also a mac/windows app for it which all sync's together very nicely.

3. Cursayer thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Anything cheaper? $2 or less.

4. jekyl macrumors 6502

jekyl

I like Lastpass, it works for me anyway.

5. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

All of them suck IMO ( not the developers fault ), since can't integrate into mobile safari - they all use their in built browsers. Apple should create a plugin mechanism for mobile safari.

I occasionally use 1Password but having to switch out to another browser from mobile Safari is a big PITA.

6. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

Is there anything out there that would just have a list that you can create of websites then within that you can see a username and password associated with that site?

For example i use multiple passwords for different sites and sometimes i forget which password goes with which username on a specific site.

However i'm not accessing these sites on my phone, so things like 1password and lastpass and all these won't work because from what i can tell it looks like it saves your passwords then uses its browser to input the password when you need it.

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I have tinkered around with some of the iOS PW apps and have to agree with you. The OS X versions of these apps work well but the limitation you described makes them pretty worthless for me on iOS.