Universal Password manager applications

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jr866gooner, Nov 27, 2016.

1. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Evening all,

It may be time for me to stray away from oneSafe which I have used through my iPhone days and on android up till now. I have it on both iPad and my S6 and now wondering if there are better alternatives at a low one off cost.

Currently hitting a glitch on my s6 whereby the finger print entry doesn't actually take me into the app. It simply just takes me to the pin code.. frustrating albeit a small issue.

On my iPad however I find that additions I make on my phone do not sync very quickly or at all.. I have to force sync removing local data and waiting for it to to its thing....takes up to 8 minutes...

I've seen one password..it doesn't seem to have flexible categories for batches of passwords. I separate mine out between work, personal, utilities etc. I don't also see how limited the free version will be.. I currently have over 160 passwords and wonder if that will fit on a free account. Also given that I have a high number I don't wish to scroll scroll scroll in one mass list!!

What is everyone's preference of their chosen app and why please?

2. ardchoille50, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016

ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I highly recommend pwSafe. It is open source and syncs everything via iCloud - it also has an option to keep safes on a local device instead of iCloud. It has category capability. I have been using it for over a year, so I don't remember the cost, but I love it and it has never let me down. I'm a picky and impatient old man and this app has been my go to password manager for a while. https://appsto.re/us/tpT93.i