All iPads Password manager for iPad/iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Souli, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Souli macrumors member

Hey guys,
    I need a password manager for my mother since I can't let her continue with the "save" passwords she is using currently.... :D
    I personally use lastpass since I switch between platforms quite often and I really like it but it isn't the right thing for my mother. She only uses an Ipad and Iphone so I want something with a good integration into safari (which is not the case with lastpass on ios devices). Which services can you guys recommend?

2. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

KEEPER!

https://keepersecurity.com/

Been using it for years and it work cross platform on any OS.

I use the paid version but the free one is good, too!

3. JGWolven macrumors regular

What's wrong with keychain that's built right into iOS?

4. Souli thread starter macrumors member

hmm have to check that out and see how it works. I know that she has the keychain turned on in her icloud settings but I haven't seen ios prompting to suggest a new password when a new one is needed. Is there something I have to turn on separately?

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Keychain will store password information, but unlike apps like LastPass, it doesn't generate random passwords. You have to choose what password you want and Keychain will store it.

6. jplusc macrumors 6502a

I've started using keychain more but like 1 password as well. 1 password has fields for other items such as SSN #'s, wifi passwords etc. I also like 1 password as I can passcode lock the app without needing to passcode lock the device. Keychain is convenient though as I never need to leave safari.

7. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Keychain on Mac will, however, generate new passwords.

8. Souli thread starter macrumors member

if it doesn't generate passwords on an ipad then it isn't the thing I am looking for. Will have a look at 1password

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That doesn't apply to the OP, as they already indicated their mother only uses iPhone/iPad.

10. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Yep, I realize that, was just clarifying for anyone that might read this thread and think that applies to Keychain overall. :)

11. jrs22 macrumors 6502

I use 1password. Apple won't let it work from within iOS safari but I finally installed the bookmarklet so I can more easily open a page in 1password

12. JGWolven macrumors regular

Just an update. I was creating an account on Fandango and keychain suggested a random password for me. I had no idea it could do that, but pretty neat if you're looking for something integrated.

13. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

I have always been happy using SplashID (SplashID Safe). Can generate passwords, and also syncs to your desktop and other mobile devices.

14. Zxxv, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013

Zxxv macrumors 68040

You could use minikeepass. Once set up she should be fine. You can Sync it via Dropbox if you change things often. No automatic syncing but I'm assuming you'll set it up for her.

Keychain on iOS will suggest passwords from iPad and iPhone, just click in the password box of said site and you'll see above the keyboard suggest password. Click it.

15. deeddawg macrumors 604

I use eWallet more from inertia than anything else. but it's good. Plus it's cross platform and the iOS side syncs changes across devices via iCloud.

16. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

is there a password manager that allows easy import of all Apple Keychain items (not only passwords, also secure notes)?

There is an Apple Script that allows some sort of export of Apples Keychain (it still requires you to hit "ok" for each password item), so it should in principle be possible to do this.

17. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Were you using an iPad?

18. JGWolven macrumors regular

I was, using the latest update. The password it suggested was randomized and separated by a few hyphens. I've created an account since I last updated on a different site and I don't believe that the suggestion prompted at that time, but it did this go around. It was pretty neat.

19. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I am enjoying 1Password. It is the holiday season and they sometimes make it 50% off at $9. That is a deal.

20. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Keeper works on any computer or phone platform/OS/iOS. Does not matter if Blackberry, Apple, Windows or Android!

Just saying

21. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've been very happy with 1Password, it offers a numeber of features, like cross platform support, you can sync it to the cloud or dropbox, or you can keep it local.

23. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

As this person said, it does generate random passwords straight from iOS. Have had it work on my iPhone & my iPad.