Password Manager for OS X and Windows.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by i.shaun, Jan 4, 2009.

1. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

I use Steel.app for keeping passwords encrypted on the mac, however I am having trouble finding anything that looks safe to use for PC, preferably XP Pro.

Does anyone here use a password manager on PC? If so, what is the name of it?

2. joelw135 macrumors 6502

joelw135

The best by far is RoboForm Pro I just wish they had it for Mac.

3. wiseguy27 macrumors 6502

wiseguy27

To just manage passwords, use KeePass - it's open source, multi-platform and free.

http://keepass.info - get the Windows version from the downloads section.

On the other hand, if you need something to manage passwords as well as fill web forms on the Mac, 1Password is great.

4. wiseguy27 macrumors 6502

wiseguy27

Oops, double post. If any mods happen to see this, please delete it. Thanks! :)

5. i.shaun thread starter macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

Thanks guys, I'll add this in my "Problem Solving" thread (see link in my signature below)

Feel free to check it out, see if it needs anything else.

6. kenglade macrumors 6502

I agree. I've been using Roboform for several years and it works very well. I was surprised and disappointed when I discovered there was no Mac version.

7. kenglade macrumors 6502

Password manager for OS X and Windows

One more note. If you use Firefox there is an add-on called Foxmarks that lets you synchronize your bookmarks among your various computers. I've been using it for about 10 days and it seems to be working well. FF also has a (free) password manager thatI i assume would work on both PCs and Macs. I've been reluctant to try it; maybe it's just paranoia although I'm very happy with Roboform on my two PCs.