Password manager with multiple (PC) computers?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Julien, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Looking at Password1 but not sure how it works for the following. At work I use a PC and need access to my passwords on it? Can I access my password from anywhere?

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

you mean 1password? if so, no, its an OSX only app. on pc, similar app is roboform, which is, unfortunately, a windows only app.

If you are using firefox, mozilla weave offers passwords syncing across computers, across platforms, but its in test stage.

[​IMG]

3. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

So if you use 1Password you are stuck using only your own Mac to get into sites? Seems like a large limitation since I use several different PC/Macs.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

1password offers an service called "my1password", which is a secure website that will give you your password after secure login ( I think). This would work on any OS.

of course, there will be no auto fill function, it only tell you what your password is, and you need to copy it to your login websites by yourself.

5. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

Thanks, just reading this on their site. That looks like it will work for what I need. Will download and give it a try.

Also it says by invitation only (why?). I'm not going to buy the program if the web based part doesn't come with it.