Password Managers?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ptheo27, Feb 10, 2009.

1. ptheo27 macrumors member

ptheo27

Hello internet. Every time i rest my safari i find that i am always resetting passwords for every site i am a member of. This is really irritating and i was wondering if there is any safe cool password manager out there that can store my passwords. I suppose i can just make a word document and just save my passwords there, but thats not very safe. If any of you no of a secure safe password manager please comment on this thread.

Thanks
    Pete
    :apple:

2. Nitrocide macrumors 6502

Nitrocide

If you open Keychain Access on the top left Catagory pane select "Login" then in the lower pane there is an arrow next to "Passwords". One of the options will be called Internet. Select it and there are all your Safari passwords! OK my point is you could always make a back up of your keychain before resetting safari, and then using the File>import on keychain access you should be able to reinstate your passwords.

Hope this helps!

3. Nitrocide macrumors 6502

Nitrocide

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

You can get fancier password management features using third-party software. The one I have is 1Password. Their website details the features, if you need more than what Mac OS X keychains can do.

5. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

+1 for 1password. Excellent application and great guys supporting it.

6. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

+2 for 1Password. I use it all the time.

7. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

dolphin842

Hear hear. I got it for free on xmas day, just thinking "Meh, maybe I'll use this." It's turned out to be indispensable! The Apple-| shortcut to auto-paste stuff in is great.