password not saved in iCloud showing up at web site

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by jk73, Apr 10, 2019.

1. jk73 macrumors 6502

Minor problem but it's driving me nuts. When I go to Twitter.com and try to log in, both my correct username and password pops up as a log-in option as well as an old username and password that both isn't valid and isn't saved either in my iCloud Keychain or my local Keychain.

Where else could this phantom username and password be coming from? Could it be a relic of when Twitter was integrated into the MacOS? If so, where would this be saved locally, so I can delete it? Any other places I should look? Thanks.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I might be stored as part of the browsers local database or part of a stored cookie.

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 11.10.59 AM.png

Try going to this screen in Safari prefs and click Manage Website Data then remove anything related to Twitter. Then restart the browser and see if that helps.

3. jk73 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. jk73 thread starter macrumors 6502

I finally remembered to do this and the old, deleted password no longer appeared when I logged out and then logged back in at Twitter. Since some time had elapsed, I can't be sure if your tip did the trick or if the deleted password finally cleared out of an iCloud or Safari cache, etc., but I wanted to thank you again for the feedback and mention that my problem was solved.