password not Working

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Si., Apr 13, 2008.

1. Si. macrumors member

Hi all,

Just got a replacement for my stolen 16gb touch and went through the Jailbreak process with no problems, however I can;t log into the Touch using SSH.

I can connect OK but the usual alpine password doesn;t seem to work.. Any ideas?

2. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

root / alpine doesn't work?
    There was a bogus openSSH going around. If it doesn't work, you'll just have to restore and use an older version.

3. Si. thread starter macrumors member

I've tried twice now using iJailbreak each time on both 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 same provlem. evenusing the VT100 app I can't log in..

Does iJailbreak change the password or anything like that?

4. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Have you even installed openSSH from installer.app? Sounds like you haven't..

5. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

You ipod has to be on, and 'Slide to Unlock'ed. Also, first try it with PuTTY, because with the first login, WinSCP times out before the keys are generated... PuTTY doesn't time out.

6. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

He's probably on a mac but netherthe less - make sure you set Auto-lock to Never whilst using sFTP (it isn't FTP :cool:).

7. Si. thread starter macrumors member

All working now..

Yes, I had OPEN SSH installed, I am aware of the Key generation timeouts etc etc.. and the autolock (I'm not a N00b)

Problem was the SUID issue seen by a few people. There was a fix available through installer and all is now working fine.

Si