Password on old Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ArsovV, Sep 27, 2015.

1. ArsovV macrumors member

ArsovV

So, I found my old late-2009 polycarbonate Macbook today and decided to turn in on but it says I entered the wrong password. I am pretty sure I am not entering a wrong password but OK. I decided to use a couple of these Youtube methods for bypassing the password. I tricked the Mac into thinking it's brand new and created a new admin account.So I went and changed the password on the other account and that didn't do it.
    I can't get into Recovery mode on startup to try to reset the password from the Terminal.
    Anyone has a suggestion on what to do? Would love to get my hands on those photos and documents I have there.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

3. ArsovV thread starter macrumors member

ArsovV

It's running OS X 10.6.1

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

5. ArsovV thread starter macrumors member

ArsovV

It worked great. One last thing and I am not bothering you any longer. I can't open iPhoto, it's not stating up. Is there a way to access the library via Finder? I have the CD with the bundled software but I don't know if it contains iPhoto and if it does will it delete my library?
    By the way, I have iPhoto 8.1 installed

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Try holding the option key as you click to launch iPhoto and when the startup box comes up, tell it to make a new library and name it iPhoto_test or something just to try out a new blank library. If even that won't work, you may have a corrupted install.

iPhoto won't be on the OS X install CD, but should on the second, grey CD that came with your Mac.

As long as you don't erase anything first, and just reinstall the apps, it won't erase your data.

7. ApolloBoy macrumors 6502a

ApolloBoy

If you need to retrieve some pictures, just right click on your iPhoto library file, click "Show Package Contents" and you're in.