Password-Pandora - Help please

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GurkhaSwaroop, Sep 5, 2015.

1. GurkhaSwaroop, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015

GurkhaSwaroop macrumors newbie

GurkhaSwaroop

I recently purchased the password manager, Password-Pandora from the apple store, when I try to log on it asks me for a master password that I cannot provide because I was not given the option to register and create it at the time of purchase (screenshot of the logon screen uploaded), and I cannot find any option to do this. Please help me solve this. Thank you.

I purchased Password-Pandora because for some unknown reason Keychain Access lost all my regularly used passwords and I am having to request password reset as and when needed, which is very tiring and I have not been able to retrieve the lost passwords!

Screen Shot 2015-09-05 at 09.34.52.png

2. Significant1 macrumors 6502

My guess is, that there is no separate registration and that you should just enter the master password you want use and get startet.

3. GurkhaSwaroop thread starter macrumors newbie

GurkhaSwaroop

Thank you for your helpful reply. However, it states that "if your password is wrong, your password database will not be loaded = empty!". I worry that it may lock me out for good. Surely, there must be a registration process with any purchased app to set a master password? If not, then I feel that Apple Store should not allow sale of such apps.

PS. I just tried it and it worked fine. Thank you very much.

4. Significant1 macrumors 6502

Lock you of what? You haven't even startet. I can easily imagine how it would work. For the same password it will open, what you have stored. I don't know if you can use more master passwords to save different passwords. But I wouldn't be surprised.

If I am going to trust my passwords to something I would do thorough investigation on the web, to make sure it was something I could trust.

5. GurkhaSwaroop thread starter macrumors newbie

GurkhaSwaroop

Thanks again. I have not started saving my passwords in Password-Pandora yet. There was no reviews about PP but I bought it as it was available in Apple Store. I do hope that some one from Apple Support will be able to tell us if this is a trustworthy app to have for our passwords. As I said earlier, Keychain Access lost all my password for some unknown reason (this is the 2nd time this has happened) hence why I bought PP. I am also using Last Pass, which seems a bit iffy at the moment.

6. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68020

Ulenspiegel

I hope you will like the application.
    If you don't, you may try some others that are popular, like 1Password, Keeper or Locko (from the developers of ForkLift).

7. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

You should contact the developer for support, nor expect it from Apple, Apps don't get onto the App store without conforming to the App standards bt your issue should have been easily documented, for that the Developer needs feedback.

You sure seem unlucky with password apps, did you go back to Apple regarding the Keychain issue?

8. GurkhaSwaroop thread starter macrumors newbie

GurkhaSwaroop

Thank you. It is working at the moment. Will try the others if needed.

9. GurkhaSwaroop thread starter macrumors newbie

GurkhaSwaroop

Thank you. I tried the website i-forum.com (as shown in the 'about Password-Pandora') but could not see anywhere to contact the developer or their support people.

Yes, I did contact Apple Support regarding my first time problem but had no joy and when the problem happened again, I opted to try third party apps. This is the reason why I am requesting for help and advice in this forum.