Password/personal info manager

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fo0L, Jan 15, 2009.

1. fo0L macrumors newbie

Hi All,

First time poster who just recently made the switch from pc to my new macbook pro and loving it though i'm still learning the ropes so be gentle with me :rolleyes:

Back in my windows days i used a choice little program called keePass to handle all my logins/passwords/serial keys etc etc not so much as to automatically fill them in for me but just as a record. Now that i've made the switch i've been having to keep a pretty messy rtf document until a better solution comes along. Any applications come to mind?

Many thanks,

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Keychain.... in your Applications/Utilities folder.

3. mgpg89 macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

1Password is great. It lets you keep track of your passwords, licenses, logins, serials etc, but also has an option that lets you fill in everything automatically. (supports Firefox, Safari, Opera etc .. all major OS X browsers)

4. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

I use Pastor. Wallet is also a good one. Both of those let you enter all the info you need and are password protected. I also use 1Password to enter my passwords in Safari and Firefox.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm curious as to why someone would use 3rd party software for this, when Keychain is included in Mac OS X and it works perfectly for this.