Password problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mrsnb, May 6, 2011.

1. mrsnb macrumors newbie

Hi folks, I'm new here, and a novice, so please be gentle :)

I've forgotten the password for my email account and wondered if there is a way to find it or reset it. It's the Tiger version, given to me by someone who got the latest one, all bells and whistles, I believe. I'm a beginner with Mac, and have already slipped up, so look out for more from me. ;)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It doesn't matter what OS or software you're using. Who is your email provider? Gmail? Yahoo? Hotmail? Some other? Go to the site that hosts your email and there should be instructions for resetting your password.

3. mrsnb thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that fast reply, it's coming up saying the mac server has rejected the password. Does that not mean the password I've forgotten is for the mac server? I know the password for my gmail, I've tested it on my windows computer.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Who is your email provider? For example, if your email address is someone@[B]gmail.com[/B], then Google is your provider. If your email address is someone@[B]me.com[/B], then Apple is your provider.

5. mrsnb thread starter macrumors newbie

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

7. mrsnb thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm going to print that off to follow, I'll let you know how I get on later. Thanks for your help up to now.

8. mrsnb thread starter macrumors newbie

Done, changed the password and all sorted. Thanks for you help, GGJstudios.