Password problems parental control

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by dehav, Jan 28, 2013.

1. dehav, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013

dehav macrumors newbie

Mac mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo late 2009 with osx 10.8.2 I cannot unlock parental controls to edit.
    I have parental controls set up for my two children. If they shutdown and restart the admin (my) account comes up open. I have no password required selected. When I try to unlock to select password required for log-in it takes the password but does not unlock to allow the change. I have noticed that anytime I try to unlock the sys takes password but lock does not show unlocked. Also if due to inactivity the screen returns to login page my password does not unlock screen if I do a restart the thing restarts logged in to admin (my ) account. My Son is 15, I cannot decide if he is a Mac guy and he is causing me the grief and enjoying it or I have messed up setup/parental control. My wife has a PC and she has no problems with parental controls....
    When the wife locks the mac in cabinet that is her parental control which make it not accessible to me as well.....

2. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

You could always set up another admin account to see if there's something wrong with your account.

At 15, I'd imagine he's already googled how to get around admin issues. It's very easy.