Password Protect Safari's History?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 099080, Nov 26, 2010.

1. 099080 macrumors newbie

Is there any way to password protect my web history in Safari? In other words, I would like it if the computer required the user to enter a password in order to access the Safari browsing history. Is this possible? Thanks.

2. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Nope, best bet for pr0n is to enter private browse mode. So I am told. Ahem.

3. whitegoodmen macrumors newbie

Lol. I was thinking what else someone would want to protect their bowers history for? Oh, and don't say because you are shopping for gifts for her, we know your not!

4. 099080 thread starter macrumors newbie

I do use private browsing mode when doing that, however I want to know how to do this for a separate reason. I want to be able to let people use my laptop without having to stand there and supervise them but I don't want them messing around with my personal stuff. While I do like being able to go back and see what I was looking at before, I feel very paranoid that people will see the stuff that I'm interested in reading about and will judge me. I'm actually not 100% sure why but I just don't like people being able to see everything I do.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

6. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Agreed. And use fast user switching if you dont want to be logged off just if someone uses it for a few minutes./

7. yettimillan macrumors regular

Download Firefox or Opera and get them to use that.