Password Protected Folder - Possible with Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by bwthor, Jul 7, 2011.

1. bwthor macrumors member

My 4 year old uses my iPad more than I do, and it would be great if I could have one folder that would require a quick password to gain access to.

Basically, I could then move my apps in there, such as my calendar, email and other things, just so he doesn't accidentally delete an event or email.

Is there something out there like this?

2. 66775 macrumors member

Locktopus (Cydia app), I reckon

Your calendar, emails and....other things (hmmm) should be safe :)

3. Ratatapa macrumors 6502a

4. 66775 macrumors member

it pops up after you buy the app and use it for the first time. Don't know where you got yours, but I'll take a leap of faith. The default Master password is 'password' (and I ain't joking)

5. 66775 macrumors member

The only problem I have with Locktopus, (and maybe I missed smth), is that, while you can protect the Photo folder, you can still start a slideshow if you tap the photo frame icon on the lock screen. Pretty odd/useless if you think about it.

Unless there's a way to natively disable that photo frame thing in the settings...haven't seen it.

6. Bigchris macrumors member

If you use a passcode lock for your iPad in settings, then you can actually remove the slideshow option from the lock screen, that's what I did.

7. DN7335 macrumors 6502

Calendar....right....:rolleyes:

8. Ratatapa macrumors 6502a

I changed the password and I can't even put the lock on the calendar app ...

9. NEvolution macrumors regular

10. 66775, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011

66775 macrumors member

Yeah, you're right. But I can't be bothered setting a lock screen passcode that I'll have to enter every single time I turn my iPad on (dozens and dozens of times a day). While I like the idea of keeping some of my data off the eyes of some people that might handle my device, I don't wanna make my own life difficult when I use it.

edit: well apparently you can set the ipad to ask for the lockscreen pass at a given time interval. Gonna set it to 4hrs, which is not too much of a pain while making the photo frame function go away...

11. db67fm macrumors regular

db67fm

iProtect from Cydia will let you seta password for any app you choose.

12. trsblader macrumors 6502

I was just looking for something like this today. Glad I stumbled on this thread

13. bwthor thread starter macrumors member

iProtect = Perfect
    Thanks.