Password protection for photo library

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lancastor, Sep 24, 2011.

?

Would you like a password protection in the native photo library?

1. No, I don't need this feature. I have nothing to hide.

33.3%
  2. Yes, such a feature would be great.

66.7%
  1. lancastor macrumors 6502a

I hoped that Apple intruduce a password protection for the photo library in iOS5. But unfortunately Apple hasn't implemet this feature.

If you give away your iPhone your friend can browse your whole library. With a password protection it would be possible to only show the pictures to your friends they should see.

So what do you think about a password protection feature in the native photo library app?

2. Humptydump macrumors member

Humptydump

There is an app for that

Like the apple saying goes. " theres an app for that".
    Photo privacy will hide the photos using a passcode for you, on the app store

3. lancastor thread starter macrumors 6502a

But all photo hiding apps in the AppStore are destroying the whole EXIF informations in the photo (API issue).

4. james92se macrumors 6502a

I've been wanting this for YEARS. Not only for my photo album, but for any app I choose. I don't want to lock my whole phone just certain apps.

I was never able to quite find just what exactly I was looking for until a couple of weeks ago I installed the JB app "Lockdown Pro" and it is awesome! Exactly what I was looking for. It even lets you lock the Mail app, native SMS app - anything and everything individually.

But in reality I'd say there is NO way Apple will ever do this as a "stock" option. They've had nearly 5 years to do this and people have wanted this since day one and Apple hasn't even so much as hinted at doing it.

5. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Stash Free by Hedonic. Icon looks like a briefcase and it doesn't read something stoopid like "private photos!". Just says StF.

6. phamduc.minhanh macrumors newbie

phamduc.minhanh

Greetings,

In the same manner, Apple would need to introduce this feature to Text so that one can prevent others from reading one's messages, then Mail (similar reason to Text), then Contacts (people cannot access one's contacts) and so on.

Thus, they would just need to introduce an app called Privacy or something which would help you lock all the apps that you want to keep to yourself only.

That is just my two pennies' worth.

Cheerio,

Pham Duc Minh Anh

7. Mumty macrumors newbie

Well if you are jailbroken you can use iProtect, I use it and I can choose with apos I want a passcode on so I dont have to type in the password at the lockscreen. But if you want more protection for your photos I'd go for Photo Safe, you can create multiple fake albums so no one will ever find them, even if they keep trying the password they'll just be taken a fake album and they think they got the password right :p;)

8. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

You should jailbreak and use a Cydia application called HideEmAll.

With a single gesture, you can prevent users from looking into your photos, sms, mails, etc (you configure which ones are to be hidden). Then with another gesture you toggle them back with a password.

Alternatively, you can try PhotoAlbum +, which lets you create photos directories with option of password protection.

9. lancastor thread starter macrumors 6502a

10. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

Let's hope for the iOS 5 compatible version of these applications.