Password required to wake from sleep: How to change password?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by erandall38, Jan 17, 2008.

1. erandall38 macrumors 6502

I turned on the option to require you to enter your password to wake the computer from sleep. How can I change that password?

2. erandall38 thread starter macrumors 6502

sorry I ended up figuring it out on my own. For anyone else who searches this and needs to know its under system preferences > accounts > change password.

3. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Just like this:

Attached Files:

4. erandall38 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the response.
    Problem. I just changed the password and verified it. I restarted my computer and now it requires my password and it says it is not correct....?
    I tried the newly done password and the old one... not correct That makes absolutely no sense at all. How can I get through this and use the computer again?

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Sounds like you'll have to fall back on resetting the password via the installer DVD.

The login username and password are the same as the screensaver username and password. Make sure you're using the correct username if you're 100% sure that the password is correct..

Otherwise.. DVD it.

6. erandall38 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep, I am a hundred percent sure... is there a reason for that happening... does that just occur sometimes?

What are the steps to reset the password via DVD. Here is another dilemma, and I am quite embarrassed to admit it, but I seem to have lost my install disc. I am not exactly sure, I always leave them in the original packaging.
    What is wrong with me tonight!!