Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macstatic

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 21, 2005
Norway
As most people active online I have a multitude of passwords and usernames to keep track of, writing them down here and there.
As a MacHeist member I was given a registered copy of Wallet for free a while back.

Wallet is a nice, simple and user-friendly application, but has a few limitations:

- It would be nice to organize login information in folders/sub-folders (as a member of many discussion forums you can imagine long lists to scroll through in Wallet).
- there are limitations to the number of entry fields for each input.

Are there similar applications, but with less limitations out there?
Any other features I've overlooked but which might be helpful to me?

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says....I was using a piece of software that has since been abandoned, then I switched over to SecretBook which works extremely well for me. I like that I can customize each entry, organize subgroups however I like, and use it not just for passwords but my software license info/registrations as well....oh yeah!

i.shaun

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2008
Canada
1password can auto-fill forms, if you want more security -- try out "Steel" it can save all your passwords in different categories (I even saved phone #s), with the ability to sort alphabetically, and even password-protect the passwords file.

So whenever you require a password, click the app, enter your password, and everything will be clearly displayed for you.

Steel

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.