Password

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by eknirb, Jun 28, 2011.

1. eknirb macrumors newbie

eknirb

Just got a new iMac- (and an iPad!) I wanted to add on third party software- Xmarks synch, to iMac. Downloaded, and in setting it up, it pops up a dialog box with my name and box for 'password.'

what password?

2. celticpride678

Did you setup an administrator password on the machine when first setting it up?

3. eknirb thread starter macrumors newbie

eknirb

dudes @ the store set it up..data transfer and all. I signed up for one to one and they did it.

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If your data was migrated from your previous Mac, your password should still work. If from a PC, unless you specifically offered input on the password you wanted the store to use, you may not have a password. To test this theory, go to System Preferences->Accounts, and click the padlock in the lower left. Press enter/return without entering anything and if the padlock opens, then do the same for any other password prompts you get from the system. You can add a password by clicking the Change Password button. Note that you may have to re-enable Automatic Login (from Login Options) if you don't want to have to enter a password when you turn on the computer.