Passwords and credit card info disappeared from all Macs/iPhone

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cave Man, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Neander Valley, Germany; just outside Duesseldorf
    Sometime between yesterday and today, all of my passwords and credit card information disappeared from the "cloud". I have tried Safari on all 3 of my Macs and my iPhone but they are completely gone from Safari on the Macs, and my apps (e.g., bank, credit card company apps, Safari, etc.) on my iPhone. How can I restore these? I sure hope they are not gone forever!

2. chscag macrumors 68040

chscag

You also posted to the other thread. Have you tried opening your Keychain app on your Mac, enter your Admin password, and see if your password information is still stored there? Since Keychain information syncs (using iCloud) between your Mac and iPhone, the info you're looking for may still be available from the Keychain on your Mac. The Keychain app is located in Applications, Utilities.

3. ravinder08 macrumors 6502

Had the same problem
    Go to iCloud in system preferences and enable passwords in keychain and also do it on iPhone

4. Cave Man thread starter macrumors 604

Cave Man

Neander Valley, Germany; just outside Duesseldorf
    Thanks for your response.

I'm on Mojave. In System Preferences - iCloud, there is no "enable passwords in keychain". There is only "Keychain" and it is checked.

On my iPhone (iOS 12), System > iCloud, Keychain is set to "on" already.

Still no passwords or credit card info stored.