Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cave Man

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sometime between yesterday and today, all of my passwords and credit card information disappeared from the "cloud". I have tried Safari on all 3 of my Macs and my iPhone but they are completely gone from Safari on the Macs, and my apps (e.g., bank, credit card company apps, Safari, etc.) on my iPhone. How can I restore these? I sure hope they are not gone forever!

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
You also posted to the other thread. Have you tried opening your Keychain app on your Mac, enter your Admin password, and see if your password information is still stored there? Since Keychain information syncs (using iCloud) between your Mac and iPhone, the info you're looking for may still be available from the Keychain on your Mac. The Keychain app is located in Applications, Utilities.

ravinder08

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2010
You also posted to the other thread. Have you tried opening your Keychain app on your Mac, enter your Admin password, and see if your password information is still stored there? Since Keychain information syncs (using iCloud) between your Mac and iPhone, the info you're looking for may still be available from the Keychain on your Mac. The Keychain app is located in Applications, Utilities.
Had the same problem
Go to iCloud in system preferences and enable passwords in keychain and also do it on iPhone

Cave Man

macrumors 604
Original poster
Had the same problem
Go to iCloud in system preferences and enable passwords in keychain and also do it on iPhone

Thanks for your response.

I'm on Mojave. In System Preferences - iCloud, there is no "enable passwords in keychain". There is only "Keychain" and it is checked.

On my iPhone (iOS 12), System > iCloud, Keychain is set to "on" already.

Still no passwords or credit card info stored.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.