Passwords galore!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by yourashero, Sep 12, 2013.

1. yourashero macrumors regular

I guess apple really wants you to get the iphone 5s with the fingerprint scanner. I was really enjoying not putting in my password each time I updated my free apps. Those tricky SOB's...

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

One way around this would be to use the auto update feature.

3. yourashero thread starter macrumors regular

The only issue with auto update is that many times an app has bugs with the update. I usually wait until about 500 people review it so I know if I want to risk ruining an app.

On a near related note, I really wish peoples reviews would show their device that they are reviewing the app on.

4. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

eh? I don't need to input a password to update any apps.

5. yourashero thread starter macrumors regular

Damn! I didn't either for ios 6, but I noticed that many were relieved to not have to when they updated to ios 6. With 7, I have tried many times throughout the day and it always asks for the password.

I'm on an iPhone 5. Maybe thats the difference? Maybe theres a setting for it that I can't find.

Do you require a passcode at all?

----------

Well I just answered my own question. I had my passcode set for every 4 hours. I just turned it to off and now it doesn't ask me for my password when I update apps.

I AM THE SMARTEST MAN IN THE WORLD!

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I voted your previous comment up because of the awesome title of this thread!

7. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

nearing genius. :p

8. yourashero thread starter macrumors regular

I have failed. I just tried to update a free app this morning and it asked me for my password again. I'm at a loss. There is nothing left for me except karakiri. I wish you well macrumorers.