Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Legion103

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Has this happened to anyone else? I have iCloud password keychain enabled — but when I restored my backup onto my new iPhone - all my passwords are gone!

This happened last year when I got the iPhone 13 Pro Max as well.

Anyone else?

• Wow
Reactions: russell_314

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
The passwords should be stored on iCloud independent of any backup you do. The whole point is that it syncs across multiple devices. I can sell my iPhone and delete all of its back ups, but my iCloud Keychain will still be there for other devices. It sounds like it’s not syncing to the cloud for you.

The easiest way would be the check another Apple device on your account, but if you don’t have that I believe there’s also an iCloud app for Windows.

Legion103

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
The passwords should be stored on iCloud independent of any backup you do. The whole point is that it syncs across multiple devices. I can sell my iPhone and delete all of its back ups, but my iCloud Keychain will still be there for other devices. It sounds like it’s not syncing to the cloud for you.

The easiest way would be the check another Apple device on your account, but if you don’t have that I believe there’s also an iCloud app for Windows.

Just rechecked my iPad and all my passwords are there.

I remember this same thing happened last year too…very frustrating!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.