Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Davidharry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2018
South Wales
Is there need for another password manager on my MacBook or will the preinstalled Key chain be sufficient for home banking etc.
Many thanks David.

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2017
It should be sufficient enough as long as your Apple ID and iCloud account is secured with strong passcode.

Question od security is always questionable and you can see number of stolen passwords and accounts around the world, you can also find it on the Apple side. It greatly depends on your internet behave and knowledge of the internet threats.

Maybe you should consider of purchasing 1Password and probably you will get more advices from other members regarding security of the keychain.

ZapNZs

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2017
I agree that Keychain is often sufficient for usage. That said, I use 1Password, and I absolutely swear by it. It is one of my favorite Apps, and I feel it is easy to use, made by a very trustworthy group of cryptographers, and still carries the touch of person-to-person customer support when I have an issue or question. It's cross compatibility with other types of devices is also stellar.

Reactions: niteflyr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.