Passwords

Camille

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2005
Hi.
I don't want the users of my mac to have passwords, including me.
How can I set that the user don't have a password, and don't need one when they use the fast user switching?
Thanks!

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I don't think you can avoid having passwords, I'm afraid. You can however have a blank password for all regular users (which was the most usual password in the world a couple of years ago). This is not recommended, as it opens your Mac up to all kinds of attacks, but if you're behind an external firewall (like a router with built-in and enabled firewall), don't have any sensitive information on your Mac and at least keep a good password on your admin account, you might get away with it... :)

Camille

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2005
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
I don't think you can avoid having passwords, I'm afraid. You can however have a blank password for all regular users (which was the most usual password in the world a couple of years ago). This is not recommended, as it opens your Mac up to all kinds of attacks, but if you're behind an external firewall (like a router with built-in and enabled firewall), don't have any sensitive information on your Mac and at least keep a good password on your admin account, you might get away with it... :)
How do I st an Empty password?
Thanks