Paste not working iOS 12

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by abcdefg12345, Oct 5, 2018.

1. abcdefg12345 macrumors 6502

abcdefg12345

Anyone have issues pasting things in iOS 12, for example if I go on safari and try to paste something into the link address, I tap there and nothing shows up, hold press I get a magnifier same thing with other apps such as mail or even the spotlight, I can't get the paste menu to show up.

2. Nigel Goodman macrumors member

Nigel Goodman

I've never made Paste work on iOS, so I gave up and deleted it. I use it all the time on MacOS. Sorry, not helpful really.

3. Mrfatboy macrumors 6502

I noticed paste has been flakey in ios12.

Another thing that really annoys me is copying a number. IOS 12 sometimes thinks it's a phone number and adds "tel:" when I paste it.

4. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Odd. I don't seem to be experiencing that on my iPhone 7 with iOS 12.0.

What device do you have? Have you tried restarting or perhaps even resetting settings maybe?

5. abcdefg12345 thread starter macrumors 6502

abcdefg12345

I'm using iPhone X, I reset all settings and still not working, I have now created a new issue, iCloud Keychain stopped working after setting reset even though its enabled in iCloud.

6. twintin macrumors 6502

Both paste and iCloud Keychain seems to work on my iPad.

7. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

I’m on a 6s, 12.1 b2 and have none of these issues. Maybe reset settings or a restore. Sounds like something isn’t working properly. The only thing that’s broken is the select handles(in Safari)

8. abcdefg12345 thread starter macrumors 6502

abcdefg12345

I fixed the iCloud issue by turning on auto fill passwords which must've turned off when I reset the settings, however I still can't paste, if I open notes and try to paste something it works normally, but anything with a search field such as safari or spotlight it doesn't show the option instead I get a magnifier if I long press and nothing if I tap, if there is text in the field I get the copy option only.