Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abcdefg12345

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
Anyone have issues pasting things in iOS 12, for example if I go on safari and try to paste something into the link address, I tap there and nothing shows up, hold press I get a magnifier same thing with other apps such as mail or even the spotlight, I can't get the paste menu to show up.

Nigel Goodman

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
UK
I've never made Paste work on iOS, so I gave up and deleted it. I use it all the time on MacOS. Sorry, not helpful really.

Mrfatboy

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2008
I noticed paste has been flakey in ios12.

Another thing that really annoys me is copying a number. IOS 12 sometimes thinks it's a phone number and adds "tel:" when I paste it.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Anyone have issues pasting things in iOS 12, for example if I go on safari and try to paste something into the link address, I tap there and nothing shows up, hold press I get a magnifier same thing with other apps such as mail or even the spotlight, I can't get the paste menu to show up.
Odd. I don't seem to be experiencing that on my iPhone 7 with iOS 12.0.

What device do you have? Have you tried restarting or perhaps even resetting settings maybe?

abcdefg12345

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
Odd. I don't seem to be experiencing that on my iPhone 7 with iOS 12.0.

What device do you have? Have you tried restarting or perhaps even resetting settings maybe?

I'm using iPhone X, I reset all settings and still not working, I have now created a new issue, iCloud Keychain stopped working after setting reset even though its enabled in iCloud.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I’m on a 6s, 12.1 b2 and have none of these issues. Maybe reset settings or a restore. Sounds like something isn’t working properly. The only thing that’s broken is the select handles(in Safari)

abcdefg12345

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
I’m on a 6s, 12.1 b2 and have none of these issues. Maybe reset settings or a restore. Sounds like something isn’t working properly. The only thing that’s broken is the select handles(in Safari)

I fixed the iCloud issue by turning on auto fill passwords which must've turned off when I reset the settings, however I still can't paste, if I open notes and try to paste something it works normally, but anything with a search field such as safari or spotlight it doesn't show the option instead I get a magnifier if I long press and nothing if I tap, if there is text in the field I get the copy option only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.