Pasting transitions in FCP

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by treehorn, Apr 15, 2009.

1. treehorn macrumors 6502

treehorn

Lately I've been having an odd thing happen whenever I try and paste any transition in Final Cut Pro - instead of it being whatever length it was originally, it is pasted as 1 frame in length. Odd thing is that this only started recently, and it is happening on both my work and my home computer, so it seems to be an upgrade issue.

Anybody else having this problem? I can't figure out any setting that may have altered...

2. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

are you sure you have handles on the clips that are getting the transition?

3. treehorn thread starter macrumors 6502

treehorn

Very sure. 100% sure. In fact, if I drag the transition to the same space/point, the transition will apply itself perfectly. But if I paste the identical transition to the identical place, I get a sliver of the transition that is only 1 frame long. I can change the length of it manually (which is a pain in the butt zooming the timeline big enough to see it, much less click on it) and that works fine. But for some reason pasting a transition, be it one of FCP's standard (like Cross-Fade) or a 3rd party, whether it was copied from the Timeline or the effects window, results in the transition being 1 puny frame long.