Patchstick/ssh still work after 3.0 upgrade?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by colinmack, Oct 29, 2009.

1. colinmack macrumors regular

The only thing I'm using it for is the TVComposite.kext patch for composite colour support on one of my Apple TVs, was wondering if anyone else has been brave enough to try, and if it still works (either the composite patch, or ssh access itself)?

2. tom1971 macrumors 6502a

ssh still works.
    I assume you can manually install the kext files.
    nitoTV does not work under 3.0

3. colinmack thread starter macrumors regular

You're a gentleman and a scholar...thanks, I guess I'll be brave then ;)

4. colinmack thread starter macrumors regular

Damn - lost ssh access.

Everything is black and white now, will need to wait for an updated patchstick.

5. tom1971 macrumors 6502a

You can use this, but you will need to manually remove the ATVDigiframe plugin. After I manually deleted it from the ATV, everything worked fine.

Good luck

6. Dino1956 macrumors member

OK, I understand how tonmake the Patchstick, but what happens after I plug it into TV? And how do I make any Changes from the TV? Is there a Video on THAT part ? Al I'm trying to accomplish is getting my TV in Color using Composite Cable Connection. Thank you!

7. Chipskip macrumors member

First- the old patchstick creator does work with 3.0.1, but you need to download the new dmg firmware for 3.0 (just google 2Z694-5789-067.dmg

Second- NitoTV Take Three does work just fine with aTv OS 3.0.1

Third- reading on the forums for XBMC the Composite patch is not working at this time (someone may have found a fix by the time I post this).

To stay current on whats going on with :apple:TV hacks I suggest reading the XBMC, Boxee or awkwardTV forums. People post problems there and the Dev-teams are quick to respond and then they know that they need to find a fix for issue.

8. Dino1956 macrumors member

OK Thanks. But all I'm really trying to accomplish is to get Color. Don't have $ for a new TV, so I'm not looking for XMBC or Boxee , just the Composite Color Hack. Thank you.