Patchworks Alloy X Short Review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by EnigmaCXVII, Jan 5, 2012.

1. EnigmaCXVII macrumors newbie

Hey guys, never really done this kind of thing before, but I felt as though I should put this information out there.

I fell in love with the look of the Patchworks Alloy X Case
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/26091757...:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_10575wt_1163

I couldn't find any review on it yet, and went ahead and bought it.
    I used to have an old Element Vapor Nickel which degraded reception, and an Abee jacket before that which wasn't too bad, just bulky.

I received the case, and it looks amazing, packaging, presentation and the quality of materials and production is great.
    However it quickly reduced my signal to 1 bar or SOS Only when I usually have 4 to 5 bars in the house. I had my girlfriend try to call me and it just went to voicemail, sms took a long time to send etc. I took the case off and received 5 sms and a few missed call notifications. The only other positive is that my connectors fit (Car, Dock, Cable).

All in all its a waste of time and money, despite looking incredible, moreso in the flesh. Extremely dissapointed, complete waste of money and time on such a good looking case.

Sorry for lack of pictures and brevity, just thought people ought to know!

2. jbanger macrumors 6502

nice looking expensive case! thanks for the review, hopefully save some people some $$$ :D

3. EnigmaCXVII thread starter macrumors newbie

No problem,

I am really, really dissapointed :(

I am looking at it right now with the bumper off, I can however recommend their back and front plates, which are made from genuine wood, they feel amazing! Sans metal bumper, its fine! I think I might return it for an Element Case Vapor Pro Stealth? Oh well

4. jbanger macrumors 6502

i was similarly disappointed with the draco iv, waiting on some luckylabs atm though...

5. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

6. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I really have to LOL at the model pic that they used. Such poor photoshop skills...

7. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Ah, another metal case killed my signal post. What did you think would happen?

8. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I cannot use metal cases any more for the same reason. The signal loss is not acceptable.

Manufacturers need to make the some cases out of plastic composites! One company does so far, NavJack. Only one that I know of.

----------

http://www.navjack.com/product.php?KindID=2&ID=30

This is the only plastic bumper that looks like a metal one...