Path Finder 6

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maflynn, May 29, 2012.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Looks like Path Finder by cocoatech has been upgraded to version 6. I downloaded the trial and so far it doesn't look all that different then the prior version. I'm reading through the features and looks like they added a lot of new features.

Any users who upgraded to Path Finder 6?

I have PathrFinder 5, but I found it odd, they didn't notify me that its out, I only stumbled upon it when cocotech emailed me that they're having a memorial day sale (5 dollars off the price).

I find Path Finder to be a nice tool, but I still seem to revert back to the Finder.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Likewise. I like having Path Finder around, but don't end up using it half as much as I thought I would.

B

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Thanks for the heads-up, I've been following Path Finder since the v4 days but haven't seen a reason yet to buy it. Same goes for v6... just isn't compelling enough yet.

4. Aidoneus macrumors 6502

It looks kinda interesting, but I only buy software from the Mac App Store.

5. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why, you artificially limit the available applications that way.

6. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

You mustn't play games then. Steam is amazing. Also, there is a world of great software unavailable on the Mac App Store.

I buy Apple apps there, and other good software that is only available on the App Store. Otherwise, I see no benefit.

----------

You mustn't play games then. Steam is amazing. Also, there is a world of great software unavailable on the Mac App Store.

I buy Apple apps there, and other good software that is only available on the App Store. Otherwise, I see no benefit.

7. brilliantthings macrumors 6502

Path Finder is fantastic!

I find Finder the weakest link in the Mac OS chain.

Path Finder solves every problem I had with Finder. I was very ready to switch back to Windows because Finder in Lion is so buggy and limited in its features.

Path Finder is one of the most impressive Finder Add Ons I have found. It is an extremely powerful file manager for Mac OS. I absolutely love it. Very surprised to read people's disappointment.