Patience rewarded

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jbarley, Mar 5, 2016.

1. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

As much as I like wireless keyboards and mice using a BT keyboard on my G4s and G5s with a USB/BT dongle has not been an altogether satisfying experience.
    The problem surfaces when I'm messing around with boot-up keystrokes, (something I do a lot of) and I end up having to dig out a USB keyboard because the BT dongle is not active in the boot-up early stages.
    Anyhow long story-short, I finally nailed down a near mint condition "Apple USB Wired Compact Keyboard MB869LL/A" for a decent price and it was even local.

IMG_0223.jpg

2. Resplendent macrumors member

Wish they still made these. Really surprised there's no wired option for the smaller size now.

3. Hughmac macrumors demi-god

Hughmac

Just what I need for my desk space restricted iMac - getting fed up with the mini BT keyboard and it's mood swings.

Thanks for the idea :)

Cheers :)

Hugh

4. Jack Neill macrumors member

Jack Neill

I feel the pain. My Magic Mouse 1 sucks. It suffers connection stutters all the time

5. tem_tempo macrumors newbie

Yeah my wireless keyboard is nice but usually I've got to wait a bit before it syncs

6. Cox Orange macrumors 68000

There are cheap look-alike versions with USB... they are probably not that good/long lasting / nice to type, of course, though.

7. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Does the new Magic Keyboard work as a wired keyboard when it is plugged in?

I had to boot Ubunutu from a USB stick to get some files off a hard drive formatted as Ext4. Obviously my bluetooth keyboard didn't work at first as it's paired with OS X. I was wondering if I had the Magic Keyboard, but it was plugged in, would it have worked as a wired keyboard?