Patio mount recommendation?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Moze, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Moze macrumors member

My project for this weekend will be to buy or build an iPad mount for my patio. I'd like something that's secure and discrete that I can slip the iPad in with the Slingbox or Netflix on to watch while I sit on the patio.

I don't really want to screw into the wall, though I don't really trust an adhesive to secure my iPad (it only takes one drop!) so it might be my best option.

Know any product that'd be good for this? I'm considering http://www.walmart.com/ip/Griffin-iPad-Wall-Mount/17188960 though turned to a landscape orientation.

I'd also like it to accommodate a slim case.

Here's a picture of where I'm thinking about putting it:

Attached Files:

2. cinca macrumors regular

I don't have any clever solution for mounting it without drilling or attaching to the wood but I would strongly recommend you look at pro clips.

clips is a device mounting system that consists of a holder for the device (iPad, GPS, cell phone, iPod, etc.) and and mounting bracket that you attach to your dash board or other places. The great thing about this system is that they are interchangeable – meeting you can have one holder and different mounts in different rooms or your car or different cars, etc. The best example of this would be multiple mounts in all the cars in your household and you can carry the holder between different cars.

The fit and finish and workmanship of their stuff is excellent and I would highly recommend anyone looking to mount an iPad or iPhone give them a chance. I especially like the solutions for your car which allow you to securely amount your iPhone without using tape or adhesive or screws. The system they use is quite ingenious and works dramatically better than I would have ever imagined.

Here is a link to the holders for the new iPad:

http://www.proclipusa.com/default.a...d=&parent_category=4&d_pcat=13759&d_cat=18922

These holders clip into the mount which you can browse for separately based upon your usage or vehicle.

3. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

4. cinca macrumors regular

I do agree that that's quite a bit of distance for a small screen but then again I think of my parents who had a 13 inch TV in their bedroom for years and years. So I guess everybody has different expectations about what it's worth looking at.

For me, a bigger concern than the screen would be the relatively weak audio output of an iPad or any tablet device. I would be worried less about how small the screen is an more about how quiet the iPad is – and lasts your use doesn't require clear or loud audio.

5. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Well usually older folks can see things clearly that are far away, usually their arms aren't long enough to read a newspaper.

That just might be a good distance for that screen.