Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Patricia Arquette will take on a starring role in upcoming Apple thriller series "Severance," reports Variety.

Arquette will star alongside Adam Scott, who has taken on the lead role in the series. "Severance" has been described as a workplace thriller set at a company called Lumen Industries that's aiming to take work-life balance to a new level. Scott will play Mark, an employee with a dark past, while Arquette will play Mark's boss.

patriciaarquette-800x545.jpg
Image via Patricia Arquette on Instagram​

"Severance" is being directed and produced by Ben Stiller, and was created by Dan Erickson. It comes from Endeavor Content, a company also producing current Apple TV+ shows "See" and "Truth Be Told."

There's no launch date for "Severance" at this time, but Apple gave a straight-to-series order for 10 episodes in late 2019.

Article Link: Patricia Arquette Joins Upcoming Apple TV+ Thriller 'Severance'

Last edited:
Reactions: 15ngcs1

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
As a massive fan of Apple TV+, I absolutely NEED to see more content on a monthly basis. One new show a month is simply not going to cut it. I am looking forward to Little America, but 8-10 episodes of a 30 minute show are definitely not enough to carry me through the month. There's the new Oprah book club episode which is nice, but that's still not enough (I joined the club and have been reading Olive, Too this month. I found it fairly depressing and geared toward people approaching their middle age/seniority, and focuses on death more than I prefer).

zinacef

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2018
As a massive fan of Apple TV+, I absolutely NEED to see more content on a monthly basis. One new show a month is simply not going to cut it. I am looking forward to Little America, but 8-10 episodes of a 30 minute show are definitely not enough to carry me through the month. There's the new Oprah book club episode which is nice, but that's still not enough (I joined the club and have been reading Olive, Too this month. I found it fairly depressing and geared toward people approaching their middle age/seniority, and focuses on death more than I prefer).
Likewise, a huge fan of Apple TV+. As a side note, how’d you manage to sign up for The Oprah Book Club on Books? Do you just have to start reading a book that’s on her list?

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
Likewise, a huge fan of Apple TV+. As a side note, how’d you manage to sign up for The Oprah Book Club on Books? Do you just have to start reading a book that’s on her list?
I just bought it on Amazon after Oprah announced the bi-monthly book choice.

Reactions: 15ngcs1 and zinacef

AppleHealth

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2019
Nice, it needs more shows ASAP

I think Servant is the best show on there right now, if you haven’t seen it i highly recommend.

Justanotherfanboy

Suspended
Jul 3, 2018
Arquette wore sunglasses onstage at the Golden Globes trying to hide her druggie eyes.
Thanks for the exposé! I’ll be sure to not watch this... I don’t want to support an actor/actress that has a habit.

Do you mind making a quick list of the musicians that use drugs, so I can avoid them in Apple Music?

*extreme eye roll*

jimbobb24

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2005
Thanks for the exposé! I’ll be sure to not watch this... I don’t want to support an actor/actress that has a habit.

Do you mind making a quick list of the musicians that use drugs, so I can avoid them in Apple Music?

*extreme eye roll*
It’s gossip not a call to arms. You are the one trying to make a big deal of it.

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
Massive news! Apple has the exclusive announcements for the last day of the Critics Week, on Jan. 19. Apple likely going to unveil a bunch of new shows and their lineup for Apple TV+ plus trailers.

Reactions: 15ngcs1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.