Patrick Stump 'quitting music'?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JUiCEJamie, Mar 4, 2012.

1. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

The lead singer of Fall Out Boy, Patrick Stump released his own solo record late last year. As a fan, I've been listening to his album a hell of a lot. (I think his voice/talent is absolutely fantastic!)

Recently, he posted a blog on his website, that he's thinking of quitting music.

Does anybody listen to him? Does anybody care?

It'd be nice to know peoples thoughts.

2. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

I listen to Fall Out Boy, however I've yet to listen to his solo music. I'd be kind of sad if he decided to quit music, but FOB isn't really my favorite band, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

3. JUiCEJamie thread starter macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

True. Only as of late have a got back in to Fall Out Boy, (mostly because of Patrick's vocals)
    His new recorded is heavily influenced by Prince, Michael Jackson etc, so it's really different to the FOB stuff.

Two records if you want to listen, "This City" (the most commercial pop track on the record)
    And probably, "Everybody Wants Somebody" is my 'quint essential' track that describes the record most as a whole.

4. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

I've heard This City before. I don't really like the music, however I love Stump's vocals. I don't really like Lupe Fiasco though. Same with Everybody Wants Somebody.

5. JUiCEJamie thread starter macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

True! Lupe just doesn't add to the single. The lyrics in the 2nd verse from the version without Lupe in are great.

Any singles you like? Or is it just not your kind of music?

6. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

By Patrick? I'll listen to some more, but they'll probably have the same conclusion.

Yeah, I'm not much of a fan of his solo music. It sounds too much like pop/electric for my taste. It's tolerable, but I much prefer him in FOB.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i never really thought Fall Out Boy was that great and Peter Wentz is kinda an ******* so i won't miss that. i've never heard anything from Stump's solo stuff so i won't say anything about that but it is always kinda sad when someone loses their passion for something that they once loved. but we all grow and change and its a process we all must deal with at some point in our lives.