Patrick takes gutsy drive down NASCAR road

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by mscriv, Dec 8, 2009.

1. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

LINK

I'm not a Nascar fan, but this is quite an interesting career move.

2. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

I heard about this for the first time this morning, too. It doesn't say she has to give up IRL completely in order to do NASCAR. I don't think IRL has much going on between now and the Indy 500 (the first race of any kind isn't until March 14 in Brazil), and if she doesn't make it to the Nationwide Series in Feb, she has a month to get ready to go back to IRL. Even if she does make it, I'm sure she will be in the Indy 500 (I'm not a NASCAR fan either, but I've seen NASCAR drivers run in the Indy 500). If she really wants to impress she should start down the Formula 1 road, but that would take even longer.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

If she really wanted to help her career, she should come out and admit to sleeping with Tiger Woods.

4. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

5. BanjoBanker macrumors 6502

BanjoBanker

I think she is making a very bold move without much of a shot. The ARCA series is not a feeder series, but rather a less expensive place to go racing. Were she to have made the jump to a Sprint Cup car, I would be less confused. But for her to have chosen (?) the ARCA races is just nuts. She should stay with the IRL and go for the championship, then maybe test an F1 car and see how she could do. Then she could retire to NASCAR like Montoya did when he failed at F1...:D

6. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

KUDOS to her for trying the switch to NASCAR. Was bound to happen at some point so I'm glad she's doing it!