Pattern on 24" ACD

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ejuanpiman, Oct 14, 2009.

1. ejuanpiman macrumors member

Hello all, yesterday I received my 24" ACD and really is a work of art, it is beautiful in every aspect. Color balance, hue everything is very well reproduced. Anyways at night I used iklear to clean off some smudges that I had left on the screen due to the install and placing it in the right place on my desk. I used the iklear with the screen off and cleaned it with the microfibre cloth that it comes with and started noticing this pattern that started appearing of horizontally continuous lines. Also with this some very weird smudging appeared and was very hard to get rid of. So after 20 mins or so of polishing with the cloth it came with, they went away but they appear once you apply artificial light from a flash light. I called apple and they of course knew nothing of this, called the apple store genius and I believe some know and some dont. I called iKlear and they have received some calls about this and offered me a different cleaner and they sent it to me at no cost that they say will take the pattern and smudges off. They say it is something or some sort of residue from the paper cover that covers the display in the packaging, and if you look and compare this you will notice it does have the same pattern. Anyways I will let you guy's know what happens upon trying this solution they have for this problem. I have read on couple of places including the apple support forums where they have experienced this same problem and hope to bring the solution to light here. I have read everywhere from using clear windex to using 70% isopropyl alcohol and I do not want to try this due to the harsh chemicals these contain unless of course this fails. If anyone has any solutions they have used to this problem, please feel free to contribute!

2. ejuanpiman thread starter macrumors member

3. n459umb4786ers macrumors regular

I'm not sure if that display your talking about is LCD or not but I always clean my LCDs by putting rubbing alcohol on a paper towel and add some water so it won't be too concentrated and wipe it down. Then I wipe the display again with a wet paper towel so it won't leave any residue and then dry it with a dry paper towel.