Patting Myself on the Back (Repaired Macbook)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by matty1551, May 3, 2014.

1. matty1551 macrumors 6502

I've always had the urge to tinker and wanted to learn the basics of Mac repair. Unfortunately, I've never had the opportunity to do so and I wasn't brave enough, nor did I to risk it on my own Macbook.

Well, over the weekend I purchased a Macbook Pro for $200 dollars. The guy told me that the screen wasn't working properly.

Took it home and began to troubleshoot only to find out that the screen functions fine.

Ended up reformatting the HDD, fixing the loose hinges, and adjusting the trackpad because the OS wouldn't recognize my clicks. Now everything is good as new.

Long story short, I'm patting myself on the back because I've never done something like this. It was a great learning experience and I'll be able to resell the macbook and make a little cash. I've already bought another broken Mac and plan to work on it next weekend.

So big thanks to forums like these and websites like ifixit. I definitely wouldn't have the balls to get under the hood without them.

2. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Well done. Hope you earn enough on each repair to fund those that you can't.

3. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

It's a great feeling when a plan comes together.

Barney