Paul Thurrott's Latest Inane Ramblings

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by rwilliams, Sep 21, 2010.

1. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What exactly don't you agree with.

I quickly perused the article and there's nothing there that isn't really inane.

Android will surpass the iPhone.

He's also correct on the criticisms towards the marketplace. I believe those fears/comments are well founded.

3. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Yeah, I agree. The majority of the review rips on the Android Marketplace, and rightfully so. The last paragraph does compare the Droid X to the iPhone, but that is about it. And he's right about Android surpassing the iPhone, at least in sales. The iPhone is one model on one carrier. Android is several dozen models across all carriers.

4. rwilliams thread starter macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I suppose it helps if you read his stuff regularly. Lately he's quick to jump on just about anything as the next iPhone/iOS killer, so it's getting harder to take what he says seriously. This month, it's the Droid X and Android. Last month, it was Windows Phone 7. His "Game over, Apple, game over" closing statement is pretty typical for his writing lately. I suppose it's just disappointing to see a writer that I once respected devolve into a one-man crusade to take down one company. Whereas he once reported just the facts and details, he now uses every one of his posts to take potshots at Apple, which is not something I look for when choosing tech writers to read. I have no use for cheerleaders of any particular company.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Pault Thurrott has always been a Microsoft fanboy and that being the case, you need to take what he writes with a grain of salt.

His technical knowledge and books are generally very good, but is prognostication is fanboyish, aways has always will be.

6. belvdr macrumors 603

As you should with anybody of the type, here included.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Exactly,
    It does not matter if we're talking about an apple fanboy, microsoft or android.

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Android already tops iOS in sales, no? It just happens to be spread across several manufacturers (HTC mostly, but soon, Samsung and Moto)