Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brsboarder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
I was wondering if there is a way to do this for instance, say safari is loading a pg, and the pinwheel is spinning, but u dont wanna load the pg anymore, pressing the x wont do anything, or if you have a program compiling something, or doing something where u dont have access to the program but wanna stop it from loading, what can u do? is there a pause hot key type thing?

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Eh....you can Force Quit an application...but I really am not sure as to what you want...

To Force Quit press Option+Command+Escape

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
Not quite sure what you mean, but if you get the beachball a lot, you should consider getting some more RAM - it makes a big difference...

brsboarder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
I'm maxed out ram, ibook g4 800mhz, 640 ram, yea, i can swap for a 1gb chip but not for $160, just dont have that, but, basically, what happens, is I've been running a program called ieatbrainz, and it takes hours, and then i realize, i only wanna do some of the songs on it, the program looks up songs on an internet database and gets a good name for it,but, if i command ctrl esc to quit, then open it up again, its still in the memory, so the only way to clear the list of songs it has is to find the file on my comp and delete it, but there must be an easier way where I just stop the program from running its task and then i do whatever i want

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
brsboarder said:
I'm maxed out ram, ibook g4 800mhz, 640 ram, yea, i can swap for a 1gb chip but not for $160, just dont have that, but, basically, what happens, is I've been running a program called ieatbrainz, and it takes hours, and then i realize, i only wanna do some of the songs on it, the program looks up songs on an internet database and gets a good name for it,but, if i command ctrl esc to quit, then open it up again, its still in the memory, so the only way to clear the list of songs it has is to find the file on my comp and delete it, but there must be an easier way where I just stop the program from running its task and then i do whatever i want

Try some punctuation please! And I don't think so, no, near as I know there is no way to pause the CPU time given to a certain app. It is either a "yes" or "no" kinda thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.