Pay and go sim card for iPhone in vegas

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yycguy, Sep 20, 2010.

1. yycguy macrumors newbie

Morning,
    Hey I have an unlocked iPhone 4. I am from Canada but I am down here in Vegas for a week staying on the strip. All the hotels charge a crap load for wifi. Does anyone know if I can get a pay as u go sim for data for the week? If so where on the strip could I get it.

Cheers

2. blush macrumors newbie

I can't help with the sim card but if u can pick up the Skyloft wifi network in the MGM Grand it is free. I stayed on the 28th floor and got it easily there. Good luck.

3. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

unless your phone is unlocked there wont be any provider except for ATT that can help you. I dont believe they have any pre-paid plans for iphone, but it wouldnt hurt to ask them. There should be several places on the strip where they are located...

4. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502

JonathanK81

He said he had an unlocked phone from Canada. However, I don't know if there are any easy solutions.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Actually prepaid data would probably be as expensive as the hotels wifi maybe more.
    With AT&T prepaid service for $20 you get 75MB or $30 and provides 250MB of data, or $50 and has a 500MB limit

6. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

http://www.mysimplemobile.com/Index.aspx

SimpleMobile is what you need! It works with an iPhone. SimpleMobile is part of the T-Mobile network and has unlimited everything including data for $60 a month. Data speed will only be edge speeds as their 3G data is not compatible with the iPhone. Still worth the price in my opinion and is contract free.

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

My advice would be to stop worrying about what's happening online and start going out and maybe check out Foxy? :cool:

8. mpossoff macrumors 68020

9. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

You are talking about AT&T's new mobile broadband plans; Which do not work for their smartphones or regular prepaid phones. http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/09/20/att-officially-rolls-out-pay-as-you-go-data-service-att-expands-netbook-notebook-lineup-introduces-payg-data-offerings/

AT&T's prepaid phone service data plans are as follows:

It's either 1MB/$4.99 a month, or 100MB/$19.99 a month. These are the only 2 prepaid data plans that AT&T offers at this time.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh I see, I came across those from AT&T site but was probably under the wrong section.