Pay as you go broadband card

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PaperQueen, Dec 22, 2008.

  1. PaperQueen macrumors 6502

    PaperQueen

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2007
    Location:
    Just this side of insanity (Minneapolis)
    #1
    80% of my road time, I'm in an environment where there's WiFi or physical connections to go online. The other 20% of my road time, however, I'm left in the dark. Obviously, paying a monthly fee for a data package is overkill; don't really have an interest in doing so.

    Is there any such thing as a pay-as-you-go broadband card that would work in a MacBook Pro? Can locate lots of requests in various forums, but am not running across any solutions.

    Thanks in advance for any insight you have to share......
     
  2. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

    iMacDragon

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2008
    Location:
    UK
    #2
    For such a question one would think that stating location might be helpfull, EG, here in UK pretty much every phone company now has some kind of PAYG mobile broadband option, the best option depending heavily on usage patterns.

    EG I've got one with vodafone, because the credit doesn't expire, though is a bit pricier on the credit compared to other plans for more frequent users.
     
  3. PaperQueen thread starter macrumors 6502

    PaperQueen

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2007
    Location:
    Just this side of insanity (Minneapolis)
    #3
    Ahhh...sorry for not including that. I’m in Minneapolis; with very rare exception, my travel is exclusively in the U.S.
     

Share This Page