Pay As You Go Money Leaks Away

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PRESSGANG, Aug 13, 2009.

1. PRESSGANG macrumors newbie

1st GENERATION iPHONE RUNNING 3.0 UNLOCKED AND J/B

I have just been on to my Virgin a/c to top up my phone and I notice that 30p. a day is being charged to my phone saying it is for an "internet connection".

I never go on the internet unless I have a wireless connection so why do they think that I am going on the net? Is the phone doing something without my knowledge?

I also have a Spanish card and money seems to leak away from that - does anybody have the answer to this problem?

2. tylertech macrumors regular

iPhones seem to connect to the internet when in standby every once in a while, I know because my TV speakers pick up the interference whenever it's near it. You can completely block EDGE by using some hacks in Cydia. I know that using SBSettings you can get a toggle for EDGE.

3. apple-guy123 macrumors newbie

airplane mode?

Why don't you just put your phone into airplane mode and then turn the wifi back on. Then there is no way for your phone to connect to edge without you being aware.

4. PRESSGANG thread starter macrumors newbie

Airplane mode

That turns off the wireless AND phone. That defeats the object of having a phone.

I have just tried to load the prog suggested earlier but it didn't seem to work, even after rebooting the phone.

Do you have a specific program to block Edge completely?

5. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

In Cydia, download SNSettings. You can block edge on there and you can still take and make calls.

6. PRESSGANG thread starter macrumors newbie

SB or SNsettings?

I am guessing you mean SBsettings?

I have loaded it but I can't find it anywhere on the phone.

7. P Mentior macrumors regular

It doesn't have an icon. To see it you need to swipe across the top bar of the screen.

8. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Yeah, it's SBSettings, I can't type. Swipe accross the the status bar and SBSettings will drop down.